UFC 154: "St. Pierre vs Condit" Live Play-By-Play & ResultsThe Ultimate Fighting Championship came to the Bell Centre in Montréal, Québec, Canada tonight for UFC 154: “St. Pierre vs Condit.” The event was headlined by a UFC Welterweight Championship unification bout between Georges “Rush” St. Pierre and “The Natural Born Killer” Carlos Condit.

Also on the card, Martin “The Hitman” Kampmann looked to continue his climb back into title contention when he faced rising star Johny “Bigg Rigg” Hendricks in a welterweight bout. Francis “Limitless” Carmont faced “Filthy” Tom Lawlor at 185. MMARising.com has live play-by-play for the card.


UFC Undisputed Welterweight Championship

Georges “Rush” St. Pierre vs “The Natural Born Killer” Carlos Condit

Round 1:
St. Pierre looked to close the distance with quick punches in the opening round and Condit stayed on the outside with kicks. St. Pierre flurried and landed a leg kick. He followed with two stiff jabs and took Condit down. The fighters traded punches on the ground and Condit tried for an armbar. St. Pierre used the opportunity to pass to half-guard.

St. Pierre landed short punches and Condit briefly got back to full guard. St. Pierre passed again and struck from the top. Condit again fought back to full guard and looked for another armbar, but St. Pierre punched his way free. He landed some solid shots from the top and mixed in short elbows that opened a bad cut above Condit’s right eye. 10-9 St. Pierre.

Round 2:
Condit tried to flurry with punches and a body kick early in round two, but came up short. St. Pierre missed with a modified axe kick and avoided punches from Condit. A right cross scored for St. Pierre and he followed with a kick that grazed the top of Condit’s head. St. Pierre jabbed and Condit answered with a combination and he began to target the body.

St. Pierre countered a knee with a right hook. Condit flurried to the body again, but was promptly taken down. A St. Pierre elbow opened up Condit’s cut and Condit began to bleed all over the place. Condit attempted an armbar, but St. Pierre easily slipped out and continued to strike from the top. Condit landed elbows from the bottom and stood up. Big strikes were exchanged in the final seconds. 10-9 St. Pierre.

Round 3:
St. Pierre avoided one kick from Condit in round three, but a head kick sent him crashing to the mat and Condit swarmed with punches. St. Pierre’s forehead began to swell up, but he weathered the storm as Condit blasted him with elbows. St. Pierre stood and was wobbly on his feet, but he regained his composure and scored with a big flurry. St. Pierre took Condit down and fought off a Kimura.

St. Pierre held Condit down against the cage and postured up with punches to the head and body. Condit stood and tried to pull half-guard with a Kimura. He lost it and St. Pierre wound up on top again. Condit tried to spin into an armbar and St. Pierre passed to half-guard. He remained on top until the end of the close round. 10-9 St. Pierre, barely, despite the shaky start.

Round 4:
Condit landed another head kick in round four and countered a takedown with elbows. St. Pierre moved to side control and Condit quickly scrambled back to half-guard. St. Pierre remained active with strikes, but Condit punched from the bottom and continued to hunt for submissions. St. Pierre evaded an armbar, but Condit switched to a kneebar attempt.

Condit gave up on the kneebar and worked for a triangle choke. St. Pierre postured up to escape and rained down punches. Condit got back to his feet against the cage and reversed a takedown. He wound up on top, but not for long. St. Pierre swept and put Condit on his back. He landed punches from the top until the end of the round. 10-9 St. Pierre.

Round 5:
A jab, leg kick combo from St. Pierre opened the action in the fifth and final round. Condit threw a side kick and missed with a left hook. He landed a spinning back kick to the body and a short uppercut, but St. Pierre took him down. Condit stood and kicked St. Pierre away. A nice right hand landed for St. Pierre and Condit answered with one of his own. He followed with a lunging one-two.

St. Pierre blocked a head kick, but Condit landed another rushing two-punch combo. St. Pierre jabbed and backed Condit up, then dumped him to the mat. He landed short punches from half-guard and tried to set up a move to mount. Condit defended, but he gave up his back in a scramble. Condit rolled to his back again and attempted a Kimura in the final seconds. St. Pierre landed big elbows just before the bell. 10-9 St. Pierre.

Winner: Georges St. Pierre by Unanimous Decision (50-45, 50-45, 49-46) after five rounds. He improves to 23-2-0 and remains the UFC Welterweight Champion.


Johny “Bigg Rigg” Hendricks vs Martin “The Hitman” Kampmann

Round 1:
Kampmann kept his distance early on with high kicks and stayed out of range of a lunging three-punch flurry from Hendricks. Kampmann threw another kick to the upper body and Hendricks threw a right-left combo. The left hand sent an unconscious Kampmann crashing to the mat and the fight was stopped.

Winner: Johny Hendricks by KO (Punch) at 0:46 of round one. He improves to 14-1-0.


Francis “Limitless” Carmont vs “Filthy” Tom Lawlor

Round 1:
Lawlor clinched early in the fight and backed Carmont up against the cage, but Carmont stayed on his feet and landed knees. The fighters were separated and Carmont landed body kicks. Lawlor tried again for a takedown and Carmont defended with a standing Kimura attempt. The fighters separated and Carmont landed a body kick. Lawlor answered with an uppercut, but Carmont fired back with a right hand and another kick. Lawlor pulled guard with a guillotine choke and Carmont escaped before the bell. 10-9 Carmont.

Round 2:
Lawlor ducked under a right hook in round two, but Carmont drilled him with a knee to the chest. He avoided a takedown attempt from Lawlor and kicked from a distance. Both fighters landed right hooks and Carmont stuffed another takedown. Carmont landed a standing elbow, but Lawlor was finally able to get him down. Lawlor landed short punches until Carmont stood. He took Carmont back down and passed to side control. Lawlor secured a guillotine choke, but Carmont escaped before time expired. 10-9 Lawlor.

Round 3:
The final round began with an exchange of body kicks and Lawlor caught a flying knee from Carmont. He clinched and held Carmont against the cage. The fighters were separated and both landed leg kicks. Lawlor threw a three-punch flurry and clinched again. Carmont managed to break away with a knee, but Lawlor soon clinched again. Carmont tripped Lawlor for a split second and the round ended in a clinch. 10-9 Lawlor.

Winner: Francis Carmont by Split Decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29) after three rounds. He improves to 20-7-0.


Rafael dos Anjos vs Mark Bocek

Round 1:
Bocek clinched against the fence in the opening minute and tried for a takedown. Dos Anjos defended with knees to the body. He scored with a hard uppercut soon after and followed with a front kick and a one-two. Bocek slipped while throwing a head kick, but quickly got back to his feet and drove in for a takedown. Dos Anjos broke away with a left hook and landed another uppercut. Bocek caught a kick and clinched. He landed knees, but could not get dos Anjos down. Dos Anjos landed a lunging left in the final seconds. 10-9 dos Anjos.

Round 2:
Time was called early in round two after dos Anjos was kicked in the groin. The fight resumed and dos Anjos easily stuffed a takedown. He landed a left cross and took Bocek down. Bocek began to bleed from near the left eye and dos Anjos tried to lock up a Kimura. Bocek escaped to his knees and eventually got back to his feet, but not before eating more punches. Dos Anjos scored another takedown and landed punches while trying to set up a rear-naked choke from the back. Bocek stood and dos Anjos dumped him to the mat again. 10-9 dos Anjos. Could be a 10-8.

Round 3:
Bocek briefly got dos Anjos down to his knees in the final round, but dos Anjos sprung back to his feet and landed a nice knee in the clinch. He picked Bocek up and slammed him down, then tried for a Kimura. Bocek used a Kimura of his own to stand and landed a right cross. Dos Anjos flurried and kicked at Bocek’s leg. He landed another knee in a clinch and prevented Bocek from taking him down. Dos Anjos threw flashy kicks and landed punches in the final ten seconds. 10-9 dos Anjos.

Winner: Rafael dos Anjos by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) after three rounds. He improves to 18-6-0.


Pablo “The Scarecrow” Garza vs Mark “The Machine” Hominick

Round 1:
Hominick was aggressive right away and both fighters landed leg kicks. Garza attempted a flying knee and landed a right hook to the body. Right hands landed for both and Garza followed with an uppercut. Hominick flurried and Garza answered with a one-two and a knee. Hominick pushed the pace, but Garza continued to counter effectively with punches and leg kicks. Garza kicked to the leg and upper body, but ate a counter cross from Hominick. A one-two backed Garza up and Hominick reversed a takedown with a hip toss.

Garza locked on an armbar from the bottom, but Hominick escaped and postured up with punches. Garza scrambled to his feet and Hominick landed a leg kick and a vicious left hook to the liver. Garza fell and Hominick swarmed with punches and a knee to the ribs. Garza battled back to his feet and cut Hominick below the left eye with punches. Hominick weathered the storm and both fighters landed some solid punches in the final 20 seconds. Excellent round. 10-9 Hominick by a slim margin.

Round 2:
Garza opened round two with a capoeira kick and targeted Hominick’s lead leg. Hominick replied with a combination, but Garza dragged him to the mat and wound up on top. Garzan landed short punches and kept Hominick pinned down. He mixed in elbows and postured up to land more damaging strikes. Garza opened another cut near Hominick’s right eye and avoided an armbar attempt. In the final minute, Garza landed more punches and elbows as Hominick sturggled to defend. 10-9 Garza, if not a 10-8.

Round 3:
Garza landed kicks in the final round and Hominick responded with punching combinations. Garza took him down and landed punches while avoiding Hominick’s armbar attempts. For the next two minutes, Garza kept Hominick pinned down and he landed more short strikes. Hominick finally scrambled to his feet, but Garza tripped him and escaped an omoplata. Garza struck from half-guard, then stood up and punched until the bell. 10-9 Garza.

Winner: Pablo Garza by Unanimous Decision (30-26, 29-27, 29-28) after three rounds. He improves to 12-3-0.


(Undercard results and play-by-play on Page Two.)


  1. […] Full play-by-play and results for all fights on tonight’s UFC 154 card can be found here. […]