Wand Fight Team member Michele “Diablita” Gutierrez picked up her third straight victory tonight when she stopped 13-fight veteran Tammie Schneider at Crowbar MMA: “Fall Brawl.” Gutierrez scored with effective strikes that damaged Schneider’s right eye, forcing a halt to the bout in round three.
In the night’s co-main event, Nina Ansaroff made a big statement in her professional debut by defeating SNMMA Women’s Flyweight Champion Catia “Cat Woman” Vitoria in a non-title bout at 125 pounds. All three judges sided with the Florida native, who was cornered by Shayna Baszler.
In addition to the two women’s bouts, the 11-fight card also featured clashes between some of the top prospects in the North Dakota and Minnesota area. Hometown Fargo fighter Zach Thumb pulled off a considerable upset in his first fight in over 18 months when he submitted TUF 10 alum Zak Jensen with a Kimura in just 88 seconds. The victory was Thumb’s second in a row since suffering a TKO loss in July of 2008, and was certainly the biggest of his short career.
The main event of the evening featured UFC veteran Jesse “Kid Hercules” Forbes taking on Anthony “Lionheart” Smith in middleweight action. Forbes was competing for the first time since being cut from the UFC following a loss to Ryan Jensen at UFC 114. He engaged in a competitive bout with Smith before stopping the Omaha, Nebraska fighter with punches in the second round. Forbes has now won nine of his last 12 fights, with eight stoppage victories in that time.
Full results from Crowbar MMA: “Fall Brawl” in Fargo, North Dakota:
- Jesse “Kid Hercules” Forbes defeated Anthony “Lionheart” Smith by TKO (Punches) at 1:28 of round two in the middleweight main event. He improves to 14-5-0 with the win.
- Nina Ansaroff defeated Catia “Cat Woman” Vitoria by Unanimous Decision after three rounds in a 125-pound women’s bout. She improves to 1-0-0 with the win.
- Matt Delanoit defeated Jos Eichelberger by Submission (Punches) at 2:32 of round one in a welterweight bout. He improves to 19-10-0, 1 NC with the win.
- Tat “Mean Bean” Romero defeated Josh Smidt by KO (Punch) at 0:17 of round one in a welterweight bout. He improves to 17-3-0 with the win.
- Isaac Appel defeated Nick Wagner by TKO (Punches) at 1:18 of round three in a middleweight bout. He improves to 5-1-0 with the win.
- Michele “Diablita” Gutierrez defeated Tammie Schneider by TKO (Eye Injury) at 0:28 of round three in a 120-pound women’s bout. She improves to 3-1-0 with the win.
- Pablo “The Scarecrow” Garza defeated Aaron “Man of Steel” Steele by TKO (Punches) at 2:57 of round three in a featherweight bout. He improves to 9-0-0 with the win.
- Jeremy Stetz defeated Chris Befera by Submission (Triangle Choke) at 2:27 of round one in a bantamweight bout. He improves to 8-2-0 with the win.
- Zach Thumb defeated Zak Jensen by Submission (Kimura) at 1:28 of round one in a heavyweight bout. He improves to 4-1-0 with the win.
- Terence Joseph “TJ” Medrud defeated “Suga” Shane DeZee by TKO (Punches) at 1:05 of round two in a light heavyweight bout. He improves to 8-6-0 with the win.
- Sean Williams defeated Christopher Hugh by Submission (Armbar) at 1:53 of round one in a welterweight bout. He improves to 2-0-0 with the win.
In a successful follow-up to April’s “Spring Brawl” event, UFC heavyweight Chris “The Crowbar” Tuchscherer and matchmaker Chris Nelson once again put on a solid event in Fargo, North Dakota. “Fall Brawl” featured a mix of UFC veterans and rising stars, and just one fight went the distance.
(Photo Credit: WomenBoxing.com)